Bristol Learning City is governed by a Partnership Board of influential city leaders who represent education, business and advocates for learning.
The main aims of the partnership are to:
- champion learning as a way to transform lives, communities, organisations and the city: we want everyone to be proud to learn throughout their lives
- take responsibility for learning across the city, to tackle the systematic challenges that lead to inequality, by sharing our expertise, targeting our resources and taking collective action to add value to the work we do individually
- realise our shared vision, deliver change and make a greater impact.
A Strategic Ambition (2016 – 2018) for Bristol Learning City was agreed by the Partnership Board on Wednesday 9 November 2016.
Partnership Board Members
There are currently 18 members of the Partnership Board. The Chairman is the Mayor of Bristol, Marvin Rees.
- Marvin Rees, Mayor of Bristol (Chairman)
- Rebecca Clark, Regional Schools Commissioner for South-West England
- Laurence Pitt, Chair of Primary Heads’ Association Bristol
- Sarah Baker, Chair of Bristol Association of Secondary Heads and Principals
- Lee Probert, Principal and Chief Executive of City of Bristol College
- Professor Judith Squires, Pro Vice-Chancellor of University of Bristol
- Professor Steve West, Vice-Chancellor, President and Chief Executive Officer of University of the West of England and Director of Business West
- Karl Brown, President of Bristol Junior Chamber
- Chris Curling, Society of Merchant Venturers
- Adam Powell, Director of Skills of West of England Local Enterprise Partnership
- John Hirst, Chief Executive of Destination Bristol
- Tim Stringer, Divisional Director of Integral Build
- Phil Winfield, Chief Executive Officer of We The Curious
- Helen Davies, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Arnolfini
- Neha Mehta, Representative for Bristol City Youth Council
- Cllr Claire Hiscott, Cabinet Member for Education and Skills at Bristol City Council
- John Readman, Strategic Director for People at Bristol City Council
- Anna Klonowski, Chief Executive at Bristol City Council