Enhancing students’ education experience by:
- Increasing the number of students taking part in activities and experiences outside of the usual learning offer
- Building partnerships with a diverse range of local organisations, ranging from arts, heritage, sport, environment and business, to expand students’ experience of education.
Current BEP Projects to broaden education
BEP Climate Challenge
BEP schools are addressing the challenges faced in terms of the climate crisis and environmental breakdown. This project brings together students from all partner schools with experts from environmental organisations across the city to design projects and activities to raise awareness and address an aspect of the climate crisis agenda.
School projects are taking place in the following categories:
- Energy (supported by Centre for Sustainable Energy – Bright Green Challenge)
- Travel (supported by Sustrans)
- Resources – waste and recycling (supported by Resource Futures and GENeco)
- Food (supported by Soil Association)
- Biodiversity (supported by Avon Wildlife Trust and Action for Conservation)
Working with colleagues at the University of Bristol School of Education we are also exploring how climate change education can be integrated across the curriculum, linking research and practice.