Working together to close the achievement gap by:
- Providing all students with the knowledge and support to make informed decisions about their education and future career choices
- Supporting students to explore a wide range of career options and understand the different pathways including GCSE choices, Post 16 and Further Education.
Current BEP projects to raise aspirations:
The first BEP Careers Events focussed on the Creative Industries across the city. The aim was to raise awareness about the wide variety of career options available in the sector. Professionals contributed to a series of interactive sessions to inspire and excite students about different opportunities and pathways.
Organised in association with Arnolfini, Bristol Museums and UWE and included contributions from the following sectors:
- Theatre/Film/Music/TV/ Animation
The next events will look at careers in the Sustainability sector, another area where Bristol is strong.
Let’s Explore series of talks
Online talks with experts looking at a variety of different areas including:
- A Career in Law – with Lady Hale, former President of the Supreme Court
- Philosophy and the Pandemic – with Professor Angie Hobbs
- Doing Politics: Changing our City for Good with Bristol’s Mayor, Marvin Rees
- Boosting Brain Power – with Dr Hannah Critchlow