Privacy Statement for Bristol Learning City
Privacy statement: what we do with your personal data
Privacy statement for www.bristollearningcity.com
Your privacy is important to us and we take great care to protect it. You can visit our website without giving us your personal data.
Bristol Learning City collects information when:
- We use the information you submit to answer your enquiry.
- On some occasions we may share your information with the close trusted partners we work with to help us answer your enquiry.
- The information you submit will request that you receive our bi-monthly newsletter or email subscription services.
- We disclose your personal information to our third party service provider MailChimp, who help us provide and support our newsletter.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you and you will be required to confirm your subscription to receive the newsletter.
- We may use your information in some analysis of how the newsletter is working.
- From time to time we may include you in other marketing activities. On some occasions we may share information with the close trusted partners we work with.
- You can opt out and unsubscribe at any time.
- We use the information you submit to review your Learning Story for publication.
- We review all submissions carefully and we will get in touch if we’re able to publish your Learning Story.
- You will need to complete a media permission form before we can share your Learning Story publically.
- Once you have completed the Learning Ambassador nomination form, your application will be reviewed and you will be notified if your application has been successful.
- If your nomination is successful, the Learning Ambassador will automatically be signed up to receive our bi-monthly newsletter (see above). The Learning Ambassador can opt out and unsubscribe at any time.
- From time to time we may invite our Learning Ambassadors to an upcoming event or inform them of a volunteering or training opportunity. We may also include our Learning Ambassadors in other marketing activities.
- On some occasions we may share information with the close trusted partners we work with.
- Individuals can opt out of being a Learning Ambassador at any point.
Other ways we may share your data
We may also share your information without asking you if:
- The law says we must
- There is risk of serious harm or threat to life.
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site based on your IP address. This information is used to help us track what people are doing on the site so that we can improve it. We don’t use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous, unless you identify yourself by completing a form or other online transaction.
We sometimes store small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
Find out about the cookies we store on your computer.
How to see the information we hold about you
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can ask us for the following information:
- Confirmation that your personal data is being processed
- A description and copy of the personal data
- The reasons why the data is being processed
- Details of who we have, or might, give it to.
If you wish to see information held by Bristol Learning City about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and make a data protection request.
Data Protection Notification
Bristol City Council process the information collected by Bristol Learning City. You may view the council’s Data Protection Notification by searching for their registration number – Z5873747 – on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Contact the Data Protection Officer
Senior Data Protection Officer
Bristol City Council
ICT Commissioning and Information Governance
PO Box 3176